Monday 31 July 2017

Virtual Machine - Edit Settings (CPU) Part 4(iv)

In my previous post, we have talked about Enable CPU Hot Add.
I am going to skip Reservations, Limit & Shares which will be covered along with calculations in a later post.



In this screenshot as you can see, I have used vSphere Web Client, Right Click on virtual machine & edit settings.


7.CPUID Mask: By default, VM is set to expose the NX/XD flag to guest.


This feature helps prevent execution of certain type of code.
Ex: Here, I have Windows 7 32-bit installed in which I have Enabled/Disabled this feature.

Default, Expose NX/XD flag to guest.

Later on, I Hide the NX/XD flag from guest (64-bit Windows Server 2012) I get this error.

I tried it on Windows7-32 bit, it has a feature DEP (Data Execution Prevention)






No comments:

Post a Comment